Law of Partnerships and LLPs, The
A Practical Guide£120.00
User-friendly, practical and accessible guidance for practitioners, and those running firms. Focused on the issues arising regularly in partnerships and LLPs.
Written by a team of experts, a leading partnership and LLP barrister with many years of litigation experience, a solicitor with specialist expertise in partnership and LLP structures and agreements, and a leading academic in the field.
It provides clear and practical guidance onthe main issues that arise time and again in the world of partnerships andLLPs. Whilst there are many importantdifferences between traditional partnerships and LLPs, the practical issuesthat they face are often similar and the authors therefore tackle both areas inthe one book. The focus is onthose areas that regularly cause difficulty in firms (be they a traditionalpartnership or an LLP).
Subjects covered by the bookinclude:
- The keycharacteristics of partnerships and LLPs
- Factorsinfluencing choice of legal entity
- The essentialelements of partnership and members' agreements
- Managementstructures including management boards and partnership councils
- Conduct ofmeetings
- Mergers, acquisitions and conversions
- Partnership/LLPproperty and profits and losses
- Accounts,taxation and audit
- Litigating partnership and LLP disputes (courts, arbitration and mediation)
- Partner andmember expulsions and compulsory retirements
- Suspension and garden leave
- Duties ofpartners and members
- Liability ofpartners
- Repudiation ofpartnership and LLP agreements
- Equality Actimplications and issues
- Personalliability issues
- Dissolution andwinding-up
Establishing a general partnership
Establishing an LLP
Partnership and LLP agreements
Partners, members and other key personnel
Agency and Liability issues
Management and decision-making
Income and Assets
Changes in relationship among partners
Mergers, acquisitions and conversions
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
Explains what stage the implementation process has now reached.
A Practical Guide
Eoin O'Shea explains the new UK Bribery Act 2010 in detail and provides practical guidance on...